Ladies and gentlemen of the press, I thank you all for coming. I want to use this medium to express my profound gratitude and appreciation to the entire Urhobo Nation for the massive support and love demonstrated towards me and my party APC in this collective responsibility of emancipating our people.
I hereby place it on record that NO bye-election took place in Delta Central on October 12th 2013. What took place was a sham calculated to select a senator, the first by any democracy in the world by the government and all its agencies including the INEC, the military and other security agencies working together to achieve this nefarious and predetermined outcome.
We therefore reject in its totality the purported outcome and results as announced by INEC. We hereby demand for a fresh election that will allow the people of Delta central to freely elect a candidate of their choice to fill the vacant senatorial seat.
Our rejection and demand for a fresh election is predicated on the following:
1. The whole environment was Militarized with road blocks where voters were intimidated to stay at home and clear of polling units. The Nigerian Army Supervised Snatching of ballot papers by the PDP Stalwarts and thugs with the Army giving them covering fire. In places that were not strongholds of the PDP, the INEC found every reason in the book to burgle the exercise, including but not limited to the lame excuse by the NYSC that their allowances for the training they received few days back and money for the voting exercise which they have not even conducted must be paid. The payment for training and election conduct is clearly within the purview of the government of the day and INEC for which they have been heavily funded by tax payers.
2. In PDP strongholds the military supervise the thumb printing of ballot papers in private homes PDP stalwart. For example thumb printing took place in the Deputy Governors residence, the PDP candidate Emmanuel Agwariavwado's house and one Chief John Oguma's house. This pattern repeated itself across the entire senatorial district.
3. In the very few areas where a semblance of election took place the exercise started at well over 3pm clearly outside the constitutional and electoral act provisions. The aim was to delay the exercise to give room for the PDP to manipulate the system in the dark of night which was what actually happened across board.
4. INEC failed to provide transportation for men and materials and left this critical responsibility to the Delta state government which provided them the opportunity to hijack and divert the materials.
5. INEC has regulations for movements at elections. The restriction of movement was not obeyed by the PDP stalwarts. Serving members of the National and State Assemblies, Local Government Chairmen, Commissioners, Deputy Governor and other persons moved about with police escorts giving the voters the impression of being above the law and thereby intimidating them.
6. Later at night, the military were used to take over the collation centre depriving other party agents access to the collation centre except the PDP thereby allowing the PDP in connivance with INEC to allot figures to the various candidates as election results.
7. We have catalogued the gross electoral abuses; polling unit by polling unit, ward by ward and Local government by Local government and these shall be made available to the public very shortly.
Long Live the Urhobo Nation
Long Live Delta State
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.